WHAT TO LOOK FOR WHEN SELECTING
IS THE AGENT ASSOCIATED WITH A BROKER OF SUBSTANCE IN YOUR AREA?
There are many fine brokers out there of all sizes. However for an agent to help you find the right house or sell your house you need a broker who has enough agents and the tools necessary to get the job done. The more agents, the better. They talk to each other and try to match up buyers and sellers. They also know what is coming on the market before it is listed and buyers who are coming to town in the future to buy. The Broker must be up to date on the best use of technology. Over 90% of real estate transactions start on the web and buyers are looking for more and more ways to find their perfect home on the internet.
What about Gary? I have picked Long and Foster as the best Broker in our area to provide these tools. With 14,000 plus agents and 196 offices, Long & Foster has easily captured the top place in Maryland for the number of homes sold and sales volume. On the technology side, they have all the tools an agent could ask for. Their web site was rated four stars by the Baltimore sun ahead of CBmove.com, Realtor .com, Homesdatabase.com, Zillow, and Trulia. In 2008, 186,610,210 visitors came to the Long & Foster web site!
IS THE AGENT COMPETENT? DO THEY KNOW THEIR STUFF?
Buy and selling a home is much more complicated than people realize. There are pitfalls all along the way with hurdles to overcome with Maryland Real Estate Law, County laws and regulations, general contract law as well as issues with inspections, lead based paint, oil tanks and many, many more.
What about Gary? Before Real Estate, I was an executive in the Financial Services industry. In that role, I gained a generous background in contract law, numbers, and negotiation skills. Since becoming a Realtor, I have found every way possible to become more knowledgeable in Real Estate law and regional laws. I even picked my first broker on the basis of who was the best trainer. From Investments to senior issues, I have immersed myself in courses that give me the knowledge to get the job done for you. I am almost finished with the CCIM (Certified Commercial Investment Member) courses, which are commonly considered the most difficult in the business and concentrate on commercial issues.
DOES THE AGENT MAKE THE BEST USE OF TODAYS TECHNOLOGY?
As I said before, this business is all about new technology. It is the use of that technology which will bring you top dollar and a quick sale.
What about Gary? I think the best way to answer that is to show you the tools I use to get the job done.
• Local MLS. It is basic but, it is key
• Sentrilock and Centralized Shows. An electronic system that provides security while your home is on the market and for me to track and report on showings
• Long & Foster agent support system (Cafe)
• Long & Foster web site
• Gary's personal Long & Foster web site
• www.annapolishomefinders.com (Privately owned by Gary to promote Annapolis business.
• www.fortmeaderealty.com (Currently ranked number two in Google)
• All this feeds to over 20 portals around the area and even internationally with information about your home. This includes Realtor.com, Homes.com, Washingtonpost.com, Baltimoresun.com, NewYorktimes.com, Zillow, Trulia and many more.
• Sharper Agent customer management system allows me to get out post cards, flyers, and emails about your property.
• Listingbook.com allows me to keep in touch with buyers and sellers in a real time environment.
• Vu Vista, a very exciting virtual tour software package that allows me to really show case your home on many web sites.
• Previsite, a 180 degree virtual tour package.
• I have armed myself with the best blackberry so I will not miss your calls or emails, the best camera that even takes HD video, and a hot little netbook that will allow me to work 100% anywhere.
• Electronic flyers that are distributed to l,OOO's of agents at a time
• And, of course I do all the stuff all other Realtors do.
DO THEY HAVE MONEY?
Being a Realtor costs money. That is especially true if you are listing a property. There are ads to run, flyers to get out, and many other expenses that go along with being a good Realtor. A lot of Realtors now are saying that the papers do not work so they do not advertise. I find that strange as 1/3 of the people who come to my open houses come from the ad run in the paper.
What about Gary? I have managed to survive these times and pay the bills. I have enough funds to do what is necessary for my clients and will do whatever it takes to make any transition smooth and easy for my clients.
AND FINALLY, DO YOU TRUST YOUR AGENTS. ARE YOU 100% SURE THAT YOU ARE THE AGENDA?
It seems so obvious but is really important to ask yourself the question. After all, buying and selling your home is maybe the biggest financial transaction you will ever do!
What about Gary? That you will have to decide when you meet me or have already met me. All I can say is that I have a great deal of pride in what I do. I will do whatever it takes to make any transaction smooth and easy for my clients.
Next Step Partners Real Estate Services
We view our job as helping our clients with the next stage of their life more than buying or selling a home. That next step may be starting a family, downsizing, or entering retirement. In addition to providing professional real estate service we have also surrounded oursel-.es with trusted professionals for the home who we can recommend with confidence.
We do specialize helping those approaching retirement and those retired.
Annapolis is a historic city in Maryland that is also the state capital and center for business and culture. Annapolis has a rich history going back to the founding days of our nation. It's a modern 21st century city yet has many historic architecture and scenery that prominently displays its proud past. Annapolis is a major real estate market where I specialize. This website lets you search Annapolis homes for sale and real estate by providing you comprehensive search options. Search by price, area or city and more.